There is a point in all of our lives where we want to be treated like an adult but our parents still see us as kids – and there is a higher emphasis on this around Christmas. Sure, you are no longer sitting at the kiddie table but your mom might still lick her thumb and reach over to grab the crumb off your cheek.
So the question is, how do you do this?
Well, you can start by bringing this badass dip to your Christmas Eve festivities. It has a little bit of garlic, a butt-load of cream cheese and even contains sun-dried tomatoes – fancy, no?
You will need —
- 1 block of cream cheese (250 mL or 8oz)
- ½ cup of mayonnaise or miracle whip
- ½ cup of chopped sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup of green onions
- 1 tsp of minced garlic (or 2 cloves of fresh pressed garlic)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
Here’s what you do —
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and make sure they are well blended. We suggest using a hand mixer if you have access to one.
- Refrigerate dip for at least two hours. The longer you leave the dip in the refrigerator, the better the flavour. Though we recommend eating it within 24 hours.
- Serve dip with freshly chopped vegetables, water crackers or plain potato chips (thick wavy cut are our favs).
Bonus points if you put this baby in a fancy-ass bowl and bring along the dipables. They won’t even know what hit ‘em.