Why hello there! We started the website a year ago and it faded off due to our busy schedules and competing projects, but we are ready to hop back into with full force and have our official relaunch date scheduled for January 1, 2019, and we are looking for people who love to hangout with us.
Our goal is to create a trusted hub of information for women who want to live their best lives on a budget. We publish articles in a variety of categories including:
- Personal Finance
- Entertainment (think movie and book reviews, not stories about Leonardo DiCaprio’s girlfriends)
Unfortunately, we cannot pay writers at this time (but if it makes you feel better, we don’t pay ourselves either) but here’s what we can offer:
- Credit, anything you write will get your name on it!
- The freedom to write topics you love
- Learning opportunities (we’ll teach you about search engine optimization, writing, social media and publishing online, if you want… you can just write if you’d rather!)
Our goal is to be able to pay writers by the end of next year (sooner if we can manage it) but to do that we need regular, fresh content and a growing audience. And that’s where you come in!
This might be a great fit for you if you’re:
- A university student looking to get some experience and bylines
- Someone who wants to test the waters of freelance writing
- An aspiring writer
- A writer who wants to switch specialities into a topic we publish and needs to fill their portfolio
You can write as much or as little as you want, we do not expect you to constantly be writing for us for free (that would be ridiculous). And there is opportunity to do some podcasting as well if that’s something you’re interested in!
If you think this is for you, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A brief introduction to yourself, who you are, what you love to write (or read or talk about about if writing is new) and the number one goal you want to achieve in the next 5 years
- Any links you have to things you’ve written (if you don’t have any that’s OK, feel free to tell us that)
- Three story ideas you think you’d like to write for us. If you’ve never pitched before, no worries! Here’s what you can do:
Title: Make your next vacation to Los Angeles a cheap one
- Places to look for cheap flights
- How to get cheap hotels
- Free or inexpensive tourist attractions/experiences
Title: Stay in this weekend, host a board game night
Going out can be really expensive, especially for those of us that have a tight budget. But throwing a board game night can be cheap, fun and filled with friends! Here is a quick guide on setting up the perfect board game night!
We do not expect you to be pro writers! In fact, you don’t need to have any experience at all just a love to share your experiences and opinions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Andrea & Tae